Click me

Friday, February 12, 2010

Το MacWorld του David Pogue

Entertainment. That was the number one priority during the first "Feature Presentation" (also known as: "The Not-a-Keynote Keynote) at Macworld Expo 2010. It was hosted by New York Times tech writer David Pogue, who mostly delivered, despite some awkward points during the show. Surprise appearances from the Autotune the News gang (also known as the Gregory Brothers) and Star Trek: The Next Generation/Reading Rainbow star Levar Burton saved the day, even though their appearances were more about keeping the crowd chatting than focusing on tech.

Going in, I must admit I was highly skeptical that I would get much out of the Pogue presentation. I've covered numerous Macworlds in the past and I'm here to cover a tech conference, not give an embarrassed laugh at Pogue's first live performance of his three-year-old "I Want an iPhone" song (which, of course, we saw) or to see an excerpt from his book about Twitter. I, however, was in the minority.

Much to my surprise, the hall was packed to the gills and the crowd ate up every minute of the show. There was raucous laughter, cheering, applauding—and that was before I started feeling entertained. But when Pogue brought out the team behind Autotune the News, I gave in. Not only did they discuss the inspiration behind their videos (which have since become a viral trend), the group talked about what technology they used (a 7-year-old video cam and a green screen, Logic, Final Cut, and "ripping news videos from YouTube") and even gave the Autotune the News treatment to Steve Jobs presenting the iPad.

Διαβάστε τη συνέχεια εδώ.

Δείτε και τα βίντεο στην παραπάνω σελίδα. Τα σπάει ο David Pogue και δε νιώθει κανέναν και τίποτα! Με το που θα έχω περισσότερα νέα περί αυτού, ξέρετε εσείς ;)

No comments: