Click me

Friday, March 05, 2010

Η Apple να αγοράσει την Adobe;

There has been a lot of talk about Apple’s aggressive stance towards Adobe lately. For years now the two companies have been on less than friendly terms with each other over several issues. Lately they’ve bickered about the alleged bugginess of Flash.

According to Steve Jobs, Flash is responsible for most crashes on the Mac and uses abnormal amounts of processing power which would drain the battery of any mobile device. Before that Apple and Adobe fought over licensing issues regarding PDF files and the slow pace with which Adobe updates is applications.

With everybody falling over each other to come up with reason for Apple’s tough talk I decided to add my own conspiracy theory: I think Steve wants to own Adobe and Apple will acquire Adobe somewhere in 2010.

I agree it seems a far stretch that this will happen. But if it does happen it certainly will explain a few things. If Apple does acquire Adobe and fix Flash it would find itself in a very interesting position. It could open source Flash, make it compatible with HTML5 and fix the bugs and security issues. It could add Flash to Quicktime (or vice versa).

Consider for a moment all those mobile device builders around the world realizing they would now have talk to Apple (their arch enemy) regarding licensing iFlash from them. Exactly the kind of position that Steves loves to be in.

If I’m right about this I expect to be awarded for my insight. if I’m wrong, well, who reads old blogposts anyway.

So, here is my list of reason why it is only logical that Apple will acquire Adobe:

Διαβάστε τη συνέχεια εδώ.

Πολύ καλή ιδέα στα χαρτιά. Τρελή στην πράξη. Εδώ η Apple δεν προλαβαίνει να παράγει τα προϊόντα που θέλει. Το τελευταίο πράγμα που θα ήθελαν στην Apple είναι και το ντάντεμα της Adobe.

Δεν παίζει λέμε.

Θάνατος στο Flash. Κλωτσιές στην Adobe για το Creative Suite.

No comments: