Click me

Monday, April 26, 2010

Παίρνει πίσω τις βλακείες που είπε για το iPad

Flash forward to the iPod generation. I love my Touch. To this day it's my favorite consumer electronics gadget. All my media in a handheld device, tied to the iTunes and App Store eco-system, web access, and that gorgeous 3.5 inch, 380x420 screen. It's perfect.

And then, last week, I got my hands on the big screen version of iPod, the iPad, a device that when it was unveiled was certainly nifty, but in my estimation, still searching for a market.

I wrote the day after its release in January that the iPad was a case of "need versus want," and that it might be "more the latter than the former." I added that "I'll certainly give it a shot, but it's just not quite the no-brainer iPod and iPhone seemed to be."

That "chomp, chomp, chomp" you hear is me, the chump, chump, chump eating his words. I love, love, love this thing.

Size matters and in the case of iPod, bigger is most definitely better. More to the point, since I got the iPad, I haven't had any reason at all to open up my MacBookPro. Sure, I'm not a big spreadsheet guy, I'm not a heavy computer user, I need web access, I download a lot of digital entertainment like movies, music and TV shows, I send and receive a pretty good volume of email. When it comes time to upload digital photos from my camera, I'll return to my laptop, but with more and more of the digital world heading to the cloud, and companies like Google [GOOG 533.75 -11.24 (-2.06%) ] making so many rudimentary efficiency programs available on the web, the days of the laptop are dwindling. I'm not saying the laptop is dead, but it's dying. Not quite on life-support, but the Autumn of its days are upon us.

Thanks to iPad.

Διαβάστε τη συνέχεια εδώ.

Ένας από τους πολλούς. Βέβαια δεν έχουν οι περισσότεροι εκεί έξω να παραδεχτούν ότι κάνανε λάθος και μάλιστα να το παραδεχτούν και δημόσια.

Το iPad τα σπάει λέμε! Είναι το μέλλον λέμε!

ΑΣΧΕΤΟ αλλά σε ελληνική εκπομπή στην ελληνική τηλεόραση πασίγνωστος δημοσιογράφος χρησιμοποιούσε iPad. Δεν μου έκανε εντύπωση το γεγονός ότι το χρησιμοποιούσε όσο το γεγονός ότι ήτανε ΑΥΤΟΣ ο συγκεκριμένος. Μάλλον δεν θα ήξερε ότι είναι Apple προϊόν ή κάτι τέτοιο :P Άσε που θα πρεπε να του πουν ότι ακόμη δεν έχει κυκλοφορήσει στην Ελλάδα και καλά θα κάνει να μην μας ανάβει τα αίματα ;)

No comments: