Click me

Friday, February 27, 2009

Watchmen

The film Watchmen is almost here.

The majority of the reviews have already hit the web. And the results are worrying. Before I will let you know my personal opinion I would like to let you know this:

I didn't like Lord of the Rings Return of the King. The same with 300. As a matter of fact I hated them. Awful movies in my opinion. They took the original book and graphic novel which were awesome and created awful movies. Heck even destroying the comics in the process.

I guess the same will ring true for the Watchmen. The sickening slow motion editing of Watchmen seen in the trailers have me worrying about this movie, say 50% already.

Will I go and watch the Watchmen? Sure. Will I be able to sit and watch it up until the end which runs almost 3 hours? Maybe. Will I enjoy it? To be honest the trouble is that I already did. Tens of times already in its original graphic novel form. I think Watchmen will be another example of mine of how uber "comics" can turn into crap movies. Yep. Like 300 did before it.

I wish that I will be wrong about this and somehow I will enjoy this movie. But come on. Get real. The original graphic novel vs this hollywood blockbuster? No contest. Watchmen comic ftw.

Here is hoping that it will not end up being for me another 300 or Return of the King which I still hate to this day.

As stimulating as it was to see the superhero movie enter the realm of crime fiction in "The Dark Knight," "Watchmen" enters into a realm that is both nihilistic and campy. The two make odd companions. The film, directed by Zack Snyder ("300"), will test the limits of superhero movie fans. If you're not already invested in these characters because of the original graphic novel by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons, nothing this movie does is likely to change that predicament.


Read the rest of the Watchmen review here.

For more you can always go rotten.

Mark my words... This movie is going to be one of the following two things:
Epic success
or
Epic failure

No comments: