Click me

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Computing Still Sucks

Have you seen this message: "Windows Media Receiver Service has stopped working?" I have. In fact, I see it every 10 minutes on my 11-month-old home PC. I ask because, apparently, a lot of other people have seen it, too. A Google search on the message brings up roughly 56,000 possible results. It's a well-known Vista Media Center error message that is more than just an annoyance. For me, at least, it's made it impossible for me to connect my Media Center PC to my Cat 5e-connected Xbox 360-cum-media-extender device.

I've gone so far as to open the Service Manager and find the balky service. Sure enough, it's stopped. I can restart it, but it stops again almost immediately. When I let Windows do its job and try to find a solution, it usually tells me that Windows Vista Service Pack 1 can solve my problem. Thing is, it can't: I'm already running SP1.


Read the rest here.

What can I say? OF COURSE what you are using is still hard to use. You are using Windows FFS! Damn sheep you are using the most f'ed up technology out there and then you wonder this and that. Talk about brain dead people.

No comments: