Click me

Sunday, October 25, 2009

ΠροβατοΜπαρμπέρης ftw!

SheepShaver is an open source emulator of PowerPC based Macintosh computers. using SheepShaver it is possible to emulate a Macintosh computer capable of running Mac OS 7.5.2 through 9.0.4. Ports of SheepShaver are available for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X. When SheepShaver is installed on a PowerPC based system, applications run at native speeds. When the emulator is installed on other systems, applications run at about 1/8 native speed. SheepShaver is considered a good replacement for the Classic Environment which is not available in the most recent versions of Mac OS X. Please note that SheepShaver requires the use of a ROM image and a copy of Mac OS.


Διαβάστε τις οδηγίες εδώ.

If, like me, you still have an older application or document that you'd occasionally like to open, what can you do? I actually have three different approaches. For certain applications that won't run properly even under Classic, I have several ancient (by computer standards) machines that can actually boot into Mac OS 9. I also have two PPC machines that run Tiger and therefore have Classic. But all of that is a lot of trouble, because I'm not usually using those machines; I'm usually using my Intel-based Mac mini, and running Snow Leopard. But even there - even on an Intel machine, even under Snow Leopard - I can run an older Mac OS, enjoy my older applications, and read and edit my older documents, by using SheepShaver.


Διαβάστε τη συνέχεια εδώ.

No comments: