Click me

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Ubuntu 9.04: WOW

As you all know I have been using Linux for a long, long time. I have installed countless distributions: Some of them have seen long-term use, while some of them have been nothing more than a flash in the pan. Ubuntu is one of those that has come and gone for me. I have used it on many occasions, been generally impressed with its offerings, but ultimately gone back to another distribution for one reason or another.

I have seen, over the last few Ubuntu releases, a serious decline in performance. Starting somewhere around 7.04, each successive release grew progressively more and more sluggish. From boot times to application start up times, Ubuntu seemed to be coming to a slow painful crawl. With 9.04 Ubuntu has made a complete turnaround.


Read the rest here.

And while you are there if you are a Pro user you can take a good look at Ubuntu Studio 9.04. El cheapos that use Windows ANY version pirated or Hackintosh please do yourselves a favor and try Ubuntu 9.04. Its FREE and Super.

No comments: