Click me

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Why you should support Mac OS X and Linux

Last I checked, Mac OS X had around a 5% market share, and Linux had much less than that (among consumers). I can feel that many PHBs look at this small number and think “5%? Why should I support a whole new platform when I could just blow some more money on brand advertising?”

Obviously supporting Mac OS X and Linux means you tap into another platform and expand your potential market base. That much is clear. But surely adding an extra 5% is negligible, right? Wrong. Not all five percents are created equal. I’m not an economist, just a humble engineer, but let me take a stab at an explanation.


Read the rest here. Food for thought. It matches what most Linux and Mac users have been saying ALL those damn years. At least Micro$oft was smart enough for releasing the Mac Office and other Mac software. Not smart enough to release the Linux Office though :P

No comments: