Click me

Thursday, January 15, 2009

A sound of thunder

I didn’t want to write this column. I live as Windows-free an existence as most people can these days. Of course I have to run Windows as part of my job, in order to make sure that Samba, the software I write, will interoperate correctly with all the multiple Windows versions out there. I also have to install some Windows applications using the Open Source Wine project, which emulates Windows on Linux well enough that some binary Windows applications will install and run straight off the DVD. Like most people, there are some Windows applications I just can’t do without, although in this case it’s my three-year-old son who finds an amazing amount of joy in his toddler games, none of which have yet been ported to Linux. Wine works amazingly well these days for this sort of thing, well enough that my wife no longer complains about the computer “being hard to use”.


Read the rest here.

Interesting read. But he simply doesn't know you as well as I do. Sheep. The majority of you will still upgrade to Windows 7 and even worst will be cheer leading about it.

Damn sheep. If only most professionals would be able to spot you easily as I do.

No comments: